Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: Snikiddy Baked fries

Are you in need of a new healthy snack for your kid? I was given the opportunity to try out Snikiddy Baked Fries. You hear the word fries and think, "Healthy? How?" These snacks are all-natural, gluten- and wheat-free, and have no preservatives, no corn syrup, no trans-fat, no hydrogenated oils, and 50% less fat than regular potato chips! The Baked Fries comes in four flavors: original, ketchup, parmesan garlic, and cheddar cheese.

I was given a sample of the cheddar cheese flavor to try for free and give my honest review of it. The packaging is like any single serving size bag of potato chips but when you open it and look inside the quantity seems higher then most potato chip bags. The 1.0 oz bag has 130 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. One bag of regular potato chips have 240 calories and around 16 grams of fat! One funny thing I did see was that the expiration date for my bag was Dec 15, 2010 unlike some chips I have which are May 9, 2011! A lot can be said about the shelf life and you can see they are serious about the "no preservatives."

The Snikiddy Baked Fries themselves are perfect for my 2 year old. She enjoyed eating a few then going back to playing. If I gave her a bag of potato chips they'd all be gone in a matter of minutes. The cheddar fries are a perfect snack to not fill up your child before meals and also not fill then up with calories and fat. The 1.0 oz bag lasted two days for her with the same amount of snacking she normally does but took in a lot less calories and fat. The cheddar flavor isn't artificial tasting either. You really can taste the cheddar with a crispy crunch.

Overall, I think these are a big hit in my house and I love the nutritional value they have. You can get these on-line at Snikiddy or places like Whole Foods, Kroger, Toys 'R' Us and Babies 'R' Us. They also have a facebook promotion going on at Facebook.com/Snikiddy.

No comments: